Monday, August 23, 2010

Handicap Placecards




I have known people who refuse to get a handicap card out of vanity and regretted it later. I have come to learn to embrace it with no shame. My time to get one came when arthritis moved in on me and having both hips replaced and also still arthritis in the spine and knees. It is a lifesaver in the winter as I do not need to slip and fall on snow or ice in parking lots which may result in damage to my replacements or other injuries. I have a permanent one but a temporary one is also available. It is bright red, these placards are valid as long as your physician requests, up to six months.
If you know anyone who could be safer with one please encourage them to do so. A trip to the DVM will get them the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment